
~:[CH15 - Day 230]:~ Surprise, Surprise
On Sunday night, I found out we had our super conference cross country meeting; on Monday, I attended that meeting and today, I wonder what happened. Strangely enough, I anticipated this craziness. Based on my previous experiences, there was always a lot of maneuvering. I liked working with the 605 league teams as we just tended to mesh together (and I sent an email to them to thank them for that). However, moving into this super conference, our 15-20 minute 605 league meetings turned into a 2.5 hour fiasco. One league seemed a bit mixed in what was going on, two leagues (which combined previously) were used to all this, and our league was like, "can we just get this done and go home?" I was exhausted when I got to school today after four consecutive nights coming home after 11pm. However, the day actually went pretty well. I complained about how things went last night, but also thought to myself, what can I do? We roll with the punches and just figure out where to go from here. Our athletes focused on their workout and thus, as coaches, we focused on coaching. At the end of the day, no matter what maneuvering this league does, we have to be ready and prepared and our athletes did just that. We lost a lot of pieces that past few years, however, we can only work to becoming the best version of ourselves and do our best to face up against the rest of the league. I wonder what's ahead, but instead of worrying about it, I just focused in on my work and will worry about the next surprise when the time comes. Don't let these moments drag you down, but rather, just do what you do and let the world around you set itself in place, as there is not much you can do sometimes until the dust settles.

No comments:
Post a Comment