Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Crack of Dawn

It is currently the (butt)crack of dawn as my cousins and I used to refer to it when we were younger.

I actually like waking up this early after I take a morning shower or bath to awaken my body. It feels so nice because you really get to hear the real world - the crickets, the birds and other things that you may normally not hear. It also is peaceful and there is not this feeling of bombardment at all ... the massive phone calls, IMs, etc. that a normal day produces.

Why am I up at this hour? I asked myself the same thing just a second ago. However, my team is headed to the Mt. SAC Relays today. We are racing in the 4x1600m race at 7am and 7:50am. I'll be home before many people wake up! It will be quite the adventure :) ... both teams will have a chance at setting the schools fastest time and I am not going to count either team out of medaling in their races.

Our girls team should average at least 5:45 and our boys 4:50, however, I hope they can push the envelope and drop that to 5:35 and 4:43. It would be quite an accomplishment!

In any case, my pickups will start at 4:20amish and we will convene at AMPM at 4:50am :) ... so if you want to join us, be at AMPM at 4:50am. At least I was wise enough to bow out of my race next weekend because I would have to be up at this God-awful hour again and be prepared to race myself, which I know I would not be able to do well.

Well I guess it's time to sign off ... good luck to the four boys and girls who will be race today! If you are crazy enough to wake up this early, leave everything on the track with no doubt that you did everything you could to run the best time you could.

spread your wings
it's time to soar
do your best
no matter the score

it's not about winning
it's about doing your best
laying it down
putting your body to the test

hold your head up high
when the race is complete
be thankful that you had
the opportunity to compete

store these memories
and cherish them forever
don't take for granted
the time we have together

so step on the track
ready to lay it down on the line
success is coming your way
it's just a matter of time

jason
4/18/09, 4:19am

No comments:

Post a Comment