I almost feel as if I forgot to do something because I am too relaxed for my own good, however, other than this stack of papers next to me, I think I have done most of what I needed to do.
It's always hard, for teachers and students both, to come back from a week of break. It almost felt like summer vacation had come early, yet, that was not the case.
I do enjoy being back at work/school, however. Crazy you say? I think I'm more productive when I go to work because you are more pressed for time and motivated to do more. I found being in my PJs in the house is not conducive to being productive.
Being at school also reminds me of being in school. It's so surreal. Organizing my reunion, I feel as if it's only been a few years since I left high school, yet alone college, however, in a few months, I will be gathering with my friends at our 10 year reunion, catching up on what has been going on over the past 10 years. It's simply amazing how time has passed. I still remember so many of the great time we had in high school and how much less responsibility we had :) ... sure, I was busy, however, think about how great of a time high school was, at least for me it was. Obviously, we all need to move on, but I am glad to get the opportunity to see many of those who spent so much time with me running, planning, traveling and more!
I hope that a large group of my classmates decide to go to the reunion. I'm hopeful because in only a few days and without sending out our invitations yet, we already have about twenty guests for the reunion! I hope that we have many more people signing up soon!!
it seems like yesterday
in our caps and gowns
awaiting the moments
where freedom was found
as fireworks amazed
over our heads in the sky
we turned to our friends
for some, our last goodbyes
in ten years time
many have progressed
with education and jobs
married, who have guessed?
with our lives moving forward
too fast it has seemed
as our ten year reunion
is no longer a dream
ten years older
yet not much may have changed
as personality very similar
most priorities now rearranged
we've got bills to pay
and hours on the job to spend
but tonight we relive memories
with our high school friends
so join us in our reunion
as we remember '99, it's our class
take this opportunity
to reconnect with your past
jason
4/22/09, 2:39pm

No comments:
Post a Comment