I couldn't find any motivation to do much today.
Exhaustion took over my body and laziness set in.
In my uninspired state, the Internet, namely Facebook, provided my inspiration.
I came across a video clip from Britain's Got Talent.
Much like America's Got Talent, the show is about the average joe who can sign up to audition on the show with some type of talent that you have. I've seen everything from singing to dancing to "I don't even know how to explain what you are doing" type acts.
A lady by the name of Susan Boyle was a 47/48-year old woman with a good amount of energy ready to light up the stage. Her appearance was far from a movie-star type and when she came out and said she wanted to be a professional singer, many people laughed, snickered, etc. I, myself, was waiting for a William Hung type performance because there was so much hype around her. Granted, I smiled at her wonderful and positive personality, yet, I did not expect much.
The song played with a decently lengthy introduction and when she opened her mouth to sing, everyone's reaction changed and just was drawn in by her rendition of the Les Miserables song. I close my eyes and could not believe the voice I was hearing was hers. This wonderful individual won the crowd and judges over and simply had everyone in her hands.
I feel that it just proves that individuals who judge people before they even give them a chance really don't know what they are missing. I myself am guilty of doing such and I must make sure that I do give everyone an equal and fair chance because when you take a chance, you just might be surprised at what you find ~ a Susan Boyle.
http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200081.htm
I looked above with hopeless thoughts
Thinking all would be wrong
Then opened up this voice of hers
And out, a beautiful song
I had judged and counted her out
Must like to myself I had done the same
Yet I figured I have been wrong
Proven by Susan Boyle, that's her name
I now feel that one always has a chance
To do what they dream to do
All it takes is the confidence to stand out there
And simply show what's inside of you
When obstacles seem to high to surmount
When you feel all hope has disappeared
Keep climing to the peak of the mountain top
To the view that is so stunning and clear
You'll find that dream you've search so long for
All the things you hoped you could reach
As the story goes of accomplishing your goals
By which tonight, the story of Susan Boyle did teach
Jason :)
4/15/09, 7:58pm
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment