I guess in a long life, you woul still find your moments of joy within the box that you live in, however, would you really LIVE? The safe route provides comfort to your family, however, even the safe route doesn't necessarily guarantee you long life - genetic disease, accidents, and more.
Adventures such as traveling, skydiving, hunting, bungee jumping, surfing, etc. are activities that many look to take on and some will venture to some while avoiding some at all costs because of the risk of falling, getting eaten by a shark or being shot. For instance, should you really be afraid of doing something like skydiving?? I think it was really scary to sign the contract and watch the pre-video when going skydiving because they talk a lot about death and that in itself scares a lot of people away. However, I almost feel that taking that plunge may have been an experience that I wouldn't have wanted to miss for the world. It makes me question, are there opportunities that I missed out on because I was too afraid to act upon them? Because I was not ready or willing to take that risk?
I guess that those missed opportunities are out the door and can no longer be caught, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't live my life, thinking of the future, yet not limiting the time that I am living. I figure, that my time is going to come when it is going to come so I should take the opportunities given to me and live them out.
So next time, when you ask yourself whether or not you should risk or not risk ... think about you in sixty years sitting in a chair having passed on all these opportunities, hoping for one chance to get an opportunity to take that chance on something or somethings. Obviously within reason, however, also without restrictions.
Whether it's buying a camera and taking that new business venture forward or leaping off a bridge connected to a large rubber band, maybe that moment was provided to you for a reason and you should take that opportunity and run.
Carpe Diem ...

No comments:
Post a Comment