Tuesday, September 4, 2012

~:[Day 249]:~ Striking It Rich

~:[Day 249]:~ Striking It Rich
Today marked the end of summer, as I had to hit my alarm and wake up for work. I have not said that for over two months, yet for some reason, I was not sad one bit. While the convocation was full of speeches and the meetings were somewhat lengthy, getting back in the groove of things was pretty nice and the day seemed to go by quickly. Of course, hard labor ensued as we moved all the textbooks in the school library to prep for the school year with a minimal group of XCers. Already sore, I headed out in the heat for practice where the team (not I) ran a tempo. We quickly scrambled to finish, then headed to John's Incredible Pizza for a team dinner/fundraiser. It was quite the night and as usual, everyone who went had a blast. I enjoyed the bumper cars at the end of the night but of course, despite missing out on a good deal in DEAL OR NO DEAL, I redeemed myself by hitting the jackpot in plinko. I won 1,000 for the jackpot, another 700 in winnings, and a total of almost 4,000 on the night! While I may have hit this jackpot, my dreams of winning the Mega Millions fell short, of course, this was definitely a close second. Thanks to all those who came out to support!

No comments:

Post a Comment