Wednesday, September 19, 2012

~:[Day 264]:~ The Ohana Spirit

~:[Day 264]:~ The Ohana Spirit
I cheated. This picture is actually from Monday, but today as I looked back through the Hawaii pictures, this one caught my eye. This sign is what our team has lived by for the past five years, but something we shared before it became our cornerstone. It made me think back to all the teams of the past, all the great memories, all the struggles, all the days we never thought we'd make it, and all the days we thought we'd never make it and we did. I've spent ten wonderful years at Cerritos and I am glad that I found a great place. To keep the Ohana spirit, it always be a bit of a battle, but hopefully, those around me and those in the program can do something to make this word mean something more than just something we say at the end of practices and before each race. It has to be something we live by, that we believe in, and that we are willing to do something more to make sure we can maintain. As ohana is not a right, but something you must earn. For now this spirit remains, but I hope each generation can help the younger generations understand that it is much more than just a word, much more than just a sport, and must more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment