Tuesday, December 11, 2012

~:[Day 346]:~ A Decade of Being Blessed

~:[Day 346]:~ A Decade of Being Blessed
I didn't even realize it as I was frantically preparing for the banquet on my "day off" that this would mark my tenth year of being so blessed to coach at a wonderful school with a wonderful ohana. I have the most amazing coaching staff who are all fun and add something different to the mix who help support my forgetfulness and help me find everything I lose. I have wonderful supportive parents who are always willing to lend a helping hand and who are super thoughtful and kind. I also have an amazing athletes who exert all of themselves to succeed. Regardless of their times, ultimately, their success will be measured by the imprint that they leave on this program - something that they will not know until years after they leave. Thank you to everyone who has contributed time, effort, and support to the program and have made this first amazing decade of coaching at Cerritos possible. I cannot believe that it has been that long and it was great to hear messages from former alumni.  If you are an alumni, I would love to hear from you and see how things are going! While the last month has been absolutely crazy, I left tonight knowing that it has all been worth it and I hope that the athletes of the past and the present remember to spread the spirit of ohana everywhere you go, as you will find that while material wealth may not always follow, you will be one of the wealthiest people on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment