Saturday, December 1, 2012

POEM: Tomorrow is Not a Given


POEM: Tomorrow is Not a Given (At Last) - GRAPHIC COMING SOON!

Tomorrow is not a given
Today's the day you should
As if you pass on today
It could always be a "should"

I should have done that when I had a chance
I should have yesterday
A should have, would have, could have
Will be all that you are going to say

So get up on your feet right now
Don't back down from the challenge ahead
As your alternative is not the answer
Go out and to what you want instead

As we may waiver and consider the risks
Consider why we should not take this chance
As there will be many rewards
Some we won't see at first glance

Don't forget, carpe diem
Go out and seize this day
As one day this opportunity will be no longer
Your chance will pass away

The world may end tomorrow
Your chances may soon disappear
Give yourself the opportunity
Don't be discouraged by risk or fear

Today, I stand on this limb
No longer will I say I might
As while my conscious will try to hold me back
I know that this is what is right

Tomorrow is not a given
Go out and do what you should do today
Before that one opportunity
Like a sunset, fades away

No comments:

Post a Comment