"Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and
effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world
outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting,
but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume
you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself" - Og Mandino
I
have a lot of things that I have wanted in life, however, in most
cases, they make this truly glaringly true, that nothing you can buy
will bring you true happiness. The best times of my life have been spent
with my family and friends, in seeing the growth and progress of
students, and to share in so many wonderful experiences with others - a
smile, a hug, a shoulder, or simply a word of encouragement. There is so
much going on in this world and we are always busy in a world full of
stress. With very simple gestures, you can relief the stress in someones
life and maybe even change their life completely.
I've
always wondered if I am truly happy and wondered if not, what would
that feel like. However, when you wake up in the morning with a smile
and can smile at numerous moments throughout the day for no reason,
maybe you have found the secret to happiness and ultimately success. As
while some may use money as a measure of success, I feel that happiness
should be the ultimate measure of success.
I have so
many great family and friends around me, I am gifted with opportunities
because of all of the great people around me, I have all that I need to
survive and each day, I am able to take a deep breath in a country where
I am free with a job that I love and a life that I live with no
regrets. I guess if that is not true happiness, I am not sure what is.
I
am on a quest to spread this happiness and hopefully get a few drops on
myself as well. I hope to reach out to as many of you as possible soon
in 1000 Ways to Say by IglooSUNDAY. Hopefully it will not only bring
happiness in your life, but allow you to spread happiness to others. As
the world is not where happiness is found, but in the people who live in
it. Let's make sure that the happiness within us is shared with all
around in hopes of bringing peace, contentment and joy to the world.
Monday, November 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment