Thursday, May 1, 2014

~:[CH3 - Day 121]:~ Sleepless in Cerritos

~:[CH3 - Day 121]:~ Sleepless in Cerritos
My phone was ringing off the hook. Text and calls all day, as the schedule for our track meet was being bounced around due to the heat. Ultimately, we ended up at 6pm, leaving a bunch of athletes who couldn't attend the meet. However, I was a little upset, as some athletes probably could have made it work but chose not to take one for the team. I've noticed that when I was in high school, that wouldn't be a question and trying to reschedule things or make them work was the only option, nowadays that is not necessarily the case, which is sad to me. Regardless, our team fought hard and we had some good performances that were eye-opening. We ended up winning the boys and lost the girls, but if we had our full team, probably would have taken girls varsity at least. We got back at almost 10pm. I was able to catch the end of the Clippers game at Wingstop and sadly saw them fall to the Warriors, then had to head to Garden Grove before finally getting home a few ticks past midnight. I finished up my work and got to bed, a place that I wanted to get to quickly, as my eyes were drooping.  We also had our new principal announced! It's going to be a good start to next year!

1 comment: