~:[CH3 - Day 137]:~ Raising the Bar
It's one of my favorite events to watch and also one of my least favorites. I always hold my breath as these athletes compete but love to see them float through the air and over the bar. While this athlete missed qualifying by a few spots, he actually had his PR in his grasps as he easily cleared the bar on the jump but just grazed the bar. I was proud to see the efforts that my athletes displayed during the meet and throughout the season. It was a pleasure to work with them and a joy to take them to CIF and allow them to experience the post season for track, something only a fraction of track athletes ever get to witness. The drive was long but it ended up being enjoyable and allowed me to think back on the season. It was a great one. I'm exhausted, but it has been well worth it all.

No comments:
Post a Comment