Tuesday, May 13, 2014

~:[CH3 - Day 133]:~ Lessons in Life

~:[CH3 - Day 133]:~ Lessons in Life
I started the day teaching about economics by using the example of Disney passes and how Disneyland will stay make money even if they lose 20% of their pass holders due to an increase in prices. We figured that losing 200,00 pass holders assuming there are about 1 million of them will net a $3 million profit and lead to more sales among tourists due to a greater satisfaction with less crowds and lines. I ended the day being reminded something about life, don't pass the blame, but accept it and use it to make the changes you need to. I am still fuming from the game and one call where they even had a clear review to overturn a call that they didn't, not even arguing the foul and "clear path" as those are subjective and human error comes into play. However, through it all, Chris Paul took responsibility and I know he'll be drive in game 6 using that as a reminder that he needs to be better. I will have a very hard time sleeping tonight, however, in the long run, I will grow from this experience and think more about how to handle a situation such as this if it happened to me. It'll be tough to bounce back from this game, but no matter how this series ends, I know that I can learn that I should not pass the blame off to someone else, but accept my faults and do what I can do to make myself better to avoid repeating them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment