Tuesday, April 14, 2015

~:[Spotlight]:~ Snitra & Analia (The USGs of My Life)

~:[Spotlight]:~ Snitra & Analia (The USGs of My Life)
Sometimes in life, people come and go. Sometimes they go because of a fight or argument or maybe because your friendship was really not that strong; however, sometimes it's simply because you lose touch. Getting busy is no excuse for losing touch with simple people, but when you think of these people often, you know that they had a special place in your life and thus, deserve a moment in the spotlight. Snitra and Analia were my two Under Secretary Generals my first few years when running the UC Irvine MUN Conference. They helped me grow the conference from a few hundred to about 1500 and helped me attract schools from different states and even Mexico! Of course, they were more than helpers, they were my sanity. When everyone else was too busy to help, they would give me a call and see if I needed help, even if they were too busy themselves. They would calm my nerves, slap me when I was going crazy, make me laugh when I needed to relax and even feed me when I would try to work through the day without a meal, yes, they literally forced food down my throat. I always try to do too much and these two were some of the few who would take the work from me since they knew I wasn't going to do a good job delegating work. I may have gotten my love for Disneyland from Snitra, as it was one of her favorite places. She definitely was my enforcer and would put her foot down for me or at least remind me that I needed to raise my voice up. Analia would knock some sense into me and be sure that I took care of myself, being the great mother then that I know she is today. I wish I saw these two more and I hope that the future brings us back together, but as of now, I can give them a moment in the spotlight, as they have helped me develop as a Model UN advisor and also as a person.

*****

The spotlight is a column that will highlight at least one person every week who deserves all the gratitude in the world for what they do. While the individual may never make the headline news, they are the type of person that deserve their moment in the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment