~:[CH8 - Day 109]:~ They're Human Too
It was a day where I had to catch up and run errands. I had to wake up early to venture off to the Consulate of China, grabbed lunch with an alum, and cleaned. I caught up on some work that I had put off for a bit due to track and and then spend the rest of the night enjoying the Angels game. I originally planned to just get the giveaway and then head home, but decided to get a better seat and watch the game solo. I like to go to games alone sometimes when I just want to shoot and enjoy without having to worry about a conversation throughout the game. Sometimes, it's just like that. As I sat back and watched before the game, I was reminded of how we look at athletes and others who are famous and wish we were them. We think that there life is all about the glitz and glamour, but then we're reminded in moments like these that they're human too. They have emotions, they have their issues, and they succeed and struggle like the rest of us. We only see the billboards and commercials, them in the spotlight, but fail to see what we should be seeing. Much like we have our 9 to 5, athletes are constantly working out or preparing their minds, singers are practicing their notes, writing and on the PR trail, actors are constantly perfecting their craft and seeking out other auditions and so on. As they find success, it seems like they have it easy, but along the way, they also had to move up the ladder like the rest of us. Even in their roles, they're not under the microscope of millions, criticized for every movement they make from breakup to every word they say and every post they make. I on the other hand, don't have to worry about a mob following me when I grab lunch or sit around. It might be tough to turn down millions of dollars, but they do so in exchange for so much of their own personal comfort. The time away from home at an age where they could be with their families and always having to face criticism when things are not going well. As humans, we should also see that they're human too. I hate to read the comments on sites because of all the negativity and criticism and makes me empathize with even the most disliked personalities. They are human too and I hope that we can treat them as such. As while I could be upset of the mental error on a play, I can't justify it if I am looking for some slack when I turn in paperwork late at work. I did the simple task of running errands and catching up today, but I am okay with that. As if I had the opportunity to make millions because of a skill I had, I don't mind the simple day-to-day interactions I can have without the disruptions of what those millions of dollars may bring. It may be different for others, but that would be my choice, because hey, I am human too.


No comments:
Post a Comment