~:[CH8 - Day 137]:~ A Match Made in Econ
I think one of the best things about teaching is when you come up with an activity that will be both educational, yet also fun for the students. Thus, a Match Made in Econ was born. I made up a "site" called North meets South (in reference to North-South Cooperation) which has the slogan, "where polar opposites attract." Essentially, we were speed dating for countries, as they each tried to find their perfect match (for trading). Every student had to create their own profile which included a picture, a pick up line (slogan), info about their country, what they could offer and what they are looking for. After doing so, they were able to meet the other countries in the class and when doing so, they tried to figure out who matched up together. It was fun to watch them work the room and also to see at the end, whether or not it worked out for them. I think that too many worked out initially, but regardless, I know it was a fun and exciting activity that I'll use down the line. After a chat with an alum, I headed back and got some work done and while it's not all that I hoped for, I am always amazed how many hours are in the day when you don't have after school commitments. In the long run, I know I'd get bored, but for now, I'll enjoy it. As I reflect back on today, I am so glad that this idea became something real life and all I know is that most of my students today found their match made in econ!


No comments:
Post a Comment