Tuesday, May 28, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 148]:~ In the Heart ...

~:[CH8 - Day 148]:~ In the Heart ...
I honestly prefer not to celebrate my birthday. I don't like the attention, but don't mind the gathering of people together. However, as I've grown, you always begin to see the world in a different light. As children we look for that gift that we've always wanted, but as adults, stability, love, and connection tend to have more weight. As I walked into my room today, I saw poster after poster plastered around the room and later on, my second period class added their own card, letters and notes, and even a resolution. Even as we close in on these final stressful moments of the school year with banquets and events galore, it provided a bit of tranquility among the chaos. Words have so much more power than a gift does and I always appreciate the beautiful cards and hand crafted items such as these. I felt so much gratitude today and over the weekend for those who reached out to meet, starting with my international friends and all the way through today with my students. As I think about the fact that I may not have a lot of assets in my name, the value of my students, past and present, my friends who I cherish and my family who I love, make me the riches man alive. Thank you to all those around me, as today I am as grateful as I have ever been for all the love and blessings you sent my way. As while there will be gifts I can put on my shelf, my most valued are those that I can place in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment