Friday, November 22, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 326]:~ My Students are Dorks ...

~:[CH8 - Day 326]:~ My Students are Dorks ...
My students are dorks, but I love them. They're not really dorks, but they're silly. I knew that Thursday was my day to get everything done because kids would jet off early and the ones around wouldn't be focused. I focused on them giving thanks to those around them in hopes that it could carry into the holiday. Today I also was reminded of what I am thankful of. I am thankful for the opportunity to have a good job in a good neighborhood and to have a good upbringing with great family and friends. I am grateful for good health and many opportunities and while I am not rich, I have been able to do what I've wanted to do. As while I still had practice, I was thankful that we were doing so in a historic year, as tomorrow we have CIF Finals. After school, we had the coaches versus JV game and I was thankful to be able to play the game and also to have these silly students, cheer to have me put in the game and go crazy when I scored. Signs and all, it made the game more enjoyable and while I didn't have the best game, I am thankful for them because they lifted me up and made today feel amazing. I am always appreciative of this day, as I get to see alumni, see my students in a different light and just have a little fun before the break. Today I was reminded that we should soak in all the experiences we have, because they all are things to be thankful for, even if they are a bunch of dorks students. XD 

No comments:

Post a Comment