Thursday, November 28, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 332]:~ Misery Fades with Company

~:[CH8 - Day 332]:~ Misery Fades with Company
It was hard enough waking up at 3:45am. Then to realize that we would have to run in the rain made it worse. The rain got harder and it turned into light hail, as we were miserable all along the course. Misery loves company, but it also can fade with company. As miserable as walking around soaked from head to toe was, it was made better being around the team and a few others. We were all miserable, but being together, that misery began to fade. We dried off after almost getting hit with a manhole cover (which exploded open seconds after passing it), then relaxed in the heated car before grabbing some McDonalds. I had a lot of work, so I did that, cooked and tried to stay awake and move from place to place. I was tired, like others there, but together, we found great joy. I am so thankful for the blessing of this wonderful family, my friends, and my team among other things. I find myself oh so lucky to be surrounded with such good fortune and company that helps all misery fade away. As I think back on the day and imagine just how drenched I was, I think about how miserable it could of been, but in the end, how memorable and amazing the day was. A day can be miserable, but with the right people around you, that misery will quickly fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment