~:[CH9 - Day 46]:~ Endurance
One of my students asked how she was doing. The chair said, have endurance. It was the beginning of the longest day of the conference. The students started at 8am and finished with their crisis by 2am. They had breaks throughout the day, but this day is one of the most intense I've been on in the MUN circuit. Of course, the students endured. They knew what was ahead of them and while at times they just wanted to sleep, they stuck it out and made it through until the very end. They looked drained and so was I. In life we face these same tasks. We see something in front of us and at times it seems unsurmountable. If we go in with the mindset that we can endure, in many cases, we will climb to the top. When we go in with a negative mindset, we all know what will ensue. Life is about endurance, but it is also about focusing on what you want to accomplish and chasing after it. Even if we fall short, we know we gave it our all. Today, I was proud of these students who stayed focused and engaged. They were often told they were too detailed, which I don't mind at all, as it means we've done the research we've needed to and prepared how we should have. While I give the students their freedom in preparation for this conference, they still managed to impress me, as I was satisfied in every committee I stepped foot in, whether at 10am or 1am later that evening. It was a long day, but the students endured and for that reason, I will rest easy.


No comments:
Post a Comment