~:[CH9 - Day 53]:~ Without Skipping a Beat
They say that love makes your heart your heart skip a beat, yet when reuniting with our group of friends, we surely reconnected as if we haven't skipped a beat. I wasn't feeling too energetic after a long week and even considered resting for the night, but after the conference in the morning, I jetted over to the wedding and my only regret was considering staying home. It was such a joy to see everyone, to reconnect with them all and to celebrate like old times. It's awesome to see the love between a couple at a wedding and this was no different, but it was also incredible to see the love we have together as a group. I sometimes am upset at myself because my schedule is so busy and I don't often get to see everyone, but at times where we get to reconnect, I am grateful to have such great people around me. Somehow the timing of this wedding fell between my two work travel weekends and right after my morning conference and I doubt that it was a coincidence. In the end, we did what we normally do and danced until the lights came back on and they kicked us out and it made me so happy. In life, there is a lot that we chase and hope to attain and achieve, but never forget that it's the love of friends and family that will outlast anything else. As in the process of striving for those great things in your life and careers, just don't forget what is the greatest. Tonight I was reminded of that and will forever be grateful.


No comments:
Post a Comment