~:[CH9 - Day 55]:~ Goodbye to the Everyday
Every day, I pop into my best friend's room and say hello. We've taken a selfie almost every school day the past three school years. It's a daily routine and he knows just what to do when I walk in. However, it's these every day encounters like these that we will one day have to say goodbye to. Whether it's retirement or whatnot, that daily thing we take for granted will one day be gone. Today was a day that was a difficult for so many in the basketball community and those connected with it. With the memorial service of Kobe Bryant and with pictures coming from my mom in Hawaii who attended my aunt's memorial service, it was a reminder that life is short and these things that we see as everyday things are things we should treasure deeply. From the hellos at practices to the laughs her and there to the quick chat trying to catch up, these are things we should appreciate just as much as memorable trips and extravagant outings. Why? Because at the end of the day, the people who are truly special in your lives don't need something extravagant to feel appreciated, they simply need you, your love and care, your concern, your support, your words or you ear. It's not about how the bling, but about happiness in the moment that brings a glimmer in the eye that will outshine any piece of jewelry. I will have a collage of thousands of pictures, but one day, our selfies will be no more. I hope that moment will not be soon, but I won't wait until that moment to appreciate these special moments. Everyday moments should be appreciated every day, as those will be the moments that you'll miss the most when it's time to say goodbye.


No comments:
Post a Comment