Monday, February 17, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 48]:~ High Above the Sky

~:[CH9 - Day 48]:~ High Above the Sky
We always strive to be rising above when aiming at our goals and soon enough we'll be there. As I glanced out the window on our flights home, I saw the beautiful scenery and realized just how beautiful it is to soar high above the sky. When your rise up, you'll find views you never imagined you'd see with your own eyes. Today was the tenth day I was with this group. It fell at a perfect time as we had two holidays and didn't have to rush back. The weather was perfect as we saw sun in both Seattle and Vancouver and I realized this as we soared into this beautiful skyscape, gliding into Seattle. We were homeward bound and I was excited to go home, but when I look back upon a week with this group, they reminded me of some great things including how it feels to simply float along high above everyone else. We had a few hiccups through the week as all trips do, but for the most part, there weren't any problem and nothing to complain about. I am glad to be free of this group who talked so loudly and sometimes blocked the way of others after I repeatedly tried to get them out of the way, but when I looked at them, they were laughing and smiling, living in those same clouds above. They found a place where they were soaring and that's what this is all about. Sometimes I ask myself the question, why invest so much time into what I do and today, my question was answered. The memories we created and experiences we had cannot be replaced by any other experience, it will never be duplicated, as each experience is one in its own. However, to give these students a memory they can carry with them for the rest of their lives is something that makes me push even more to ensure that the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed. Sure, there were headaches here and there, but by trips end, I was happy to be home, but even more happy that we shared the time that we did. Life is full of years, months, days, hours, minutes and seconds, but you don't always get a second chance to make the most of all the time that you have. Go out there and experience the day, shed the negativity and soak in all the beauty life has to offer and soon enough you'll find yourself rising to places you wish you had been before. Eventually we touched back down to the ground and the normalcy of life will soon take hold again, but at least for these few moments, we experienced what it was to soar and because of it, we'll look forward to the day we will soar once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment