Friday, February 4, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 35]:~ Every Ounce

 
~:[CH11 - Day 35]:~ Every Ounce

I have a lot of respect for my students. After a long day, we jumped on a bus and headed to Huntington Beach. Many had a long week and had this on top of it all. I felt the fatigue so only could imagine how they were feeling. It was approaching 9pm and you could tell they were hanging on, but they still pushed through and I was so proud of their efforts. I know that many leave MUN because of the amount of work it entails, however, whenever I see those who stick it out, I am always pleased and the work they did and how they have grown. For some it's in speaking and confidence and others it's in knowledge and research. They spend every ounce getting themselves to be the best versions of themselves and it makes me proud every time. As we headed home, rolling into the lot past 10pm, the students were singing and although they were tired, you could also see that there was a bit of joy just being able to do some of the things they couldn't before even if it took every ounce out of them. I wanted to jump into bed right when I got home, but when I thought back through the day, I also thought it was worth every ounce of effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment