Monday, March 27, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 86]:~ Beyond the Book

 
~:[CH12 - Day 86]:~ Beyond the Book

One of the things I like about MUN the most is that it teaches you so much beyond what's in a textbook. You pick up skills that you'll use the rest of your life and I sometimes wonder why more people aren't in this program. Sure, we have about 10% of our school enrolled, but I definitely feel that so many more would benefit from these experiences. Regardless, I am Blessed to work with so many students and gain so many great experiences with them from the conferences, trips and even class lessons. Recently, we've done more to connect to those outside the country. The pandemic allowed us to do so. Just last week, we trained students from Korea and today, we had visitors from Nara, Japan. The students were all a little shy to start, however, as time went on, they opened up a bit more and ultimately began to connect with one another. The freshman met half the group and the sophomore met the other half as they gave presentations to each other and established a quick connection that will hopefully last. The students went on their way to Disneyland, but I hope that visiting our school will be on of the memories they carry with them when they go home tomorrow. We will be working with the school as they start up their own MUN program and it is our hope that in building this relationship, we will be able to pass on the experiences we gained so that many others can see the same opportunities we've experienced. I hope the same can be said for many future Dons who come to our campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment