
~:[CH12 - Day 122]:~ Feeling Appreciated
Even this early in the week, I was happy to receive gifts for teacher's appreciation week. For me, it's never about the gift. Often times, if I receive anything, I have it or it's something I don't use or don't have space for. Regardless, I appreciate it and then try to make the best use out of it. I was grateful simply for the thoughtfulness of the students who took the time to wish me a happy teachers' appreciation week. While they have taken the time to recognize us, I hope that they see that we do all the work that we do for them, the students. I am always so appreciative when I see a student find success especially after they struggled as it makes all the time and effort you put into helping them succeed worth it. While I received a few gifts this year, my truest appreciations are reserved for my students of past and present, as they are the ones that make this profession so rewarding.

No comments:
Post a Comment