
~:[CH12 - Day 124]:~ In the Landscape
I looked at the photo and was in awe. One of the artist displaying his work had some incredible pieces. Of course each piece was over $30,000, but at least I could enjoy it by just looking at the details and just how incredible they turned out. I was exhausted by day's end, but still ventured out to Alex's gallery show. I have always enjoyed watching his photo journey and to see the photos on display was incredible. It was nice to wander around and look closely at the pieces. I love how different the four photographers in the gallery space were and how they each captured what they were hoping to capture in the landscape of life. For everyone, we all have something in our lives we hope to capture. Will we ever be able to capture it how we want? I doubt it, however, in some ways, the way we capture it allows us to find something special in that given moment. While talking to Alex, we compared the output of our photos to a ice dance performance and to a speech, as while often we practice and try to get it spot on, the end result doesn't always end up coming out as we planned. Because of it, however, it adds it's own character to it. In the still frames of our lives, we may not be able to capture what we hope for in a given moment, but I hope what we end up capturing is a moment we can appreciate and treasure. If you were to have a snapshot of your life, what is a moment you would capture in that still frame of your life?

No comments:
Post a Comment