Saturday, May 27, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 147]:~ Deja Vu

 
~:[CH12 - Day 147]:~ Deja Vu

Last year, I went to the Angels game. I thought it was as stroke of luck, as I got a ball tossed to me from Iglesia. Sadly, it would lead to a 14 game losing streak. I originally kept the weekend open for track, but with the season ending, I had to decide what to do. Since I was working on my project, I didn't really have time to think about what to do. My mom wanted to go to the game and with tickets selling fast since Ohtani was pitching, I ended up just going with my parents. In the end, we snagged two more tickets for a small gathering hoping we didn't get a case of deja vu. The day itself had gone well as I got to sleep in (despite needing to do work), I had a delicious lunch, and a stop at Tpumps. Momentum was on my side or was it? What looked like a game that would end in a walk off turned into a disaster. A missed catch and a mistake at home based led to a disastrous extra innings loss. It meant a two game losing streak. Could this be deja vu? Only time will tell, however, when we think negatively and assume that downhill is the only way from here, we're more likely to see failure than an opportunity to turn things around. I'll stay optimistic and hope that deja vu isn't going to happen in this case, as I hope for a win in the near future. Despite the loss though, today was definitely a win and I am so grateful for all the well wishes, wonderful messages, texts and calls I received today. I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing and wonderful people and even when times get tough, I know I'll have a village to help me if need me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment