.jpg)
~:[CH14 - Day 294]:~ The Steep Climb
The first loops is always a little more scary as they athletes are just getting use to it. With a large group of freshmen, I saw the fear as they completed their first loop. Slowly, however, they eased into it and got a bit more comfortable, as they began to focus on pushing their limits, rather than stressing about what could happen. Life is like that. It can be a bit scary at first, but when we are able to have the confidence to move forward, we slowly find our confidence and our ability to overcome the obstacles ahead of us. These athletes learned a lot about themselves in the hour workout, as they began to realize what they were capable of, while giving them more confidence to reach higher. Hearing athletes say, I can do a few more ... always has a warm place in my heart as they show that they're willing to push their limits even when the road ahead of them is steep. The sun began to set a bit as we arrive back after our run, but as I watched the beautiful sunset, I was grateful for the effort the athletes put into today as they prepare for the final stages awaiting them.

No comments:
Post a Comment