Sunday, June 7, 2026

~:[CH15 - Day 158]:~ The Storms of Love

 
~:[CH15 - Day 158]:~ The Storms of Love

I headed out early for Kyoto. When I arrived, I looked outside and it was raining. I was a bit worried as I thought the wedding was outside, but it was in fact, indoors. It was a beautiful location in the Higashiyama area. From the site, you could see the pagoda rising above the city. The site was a bit small and the ceilings were quite low, but it also made it feel like a traditional ceremony. While I only met the groom last year, it's been great to see them together. They are both kind-hearted people who seem to work together well. As while it may have stormed through on the day of their wedding, I know that their union will survive any storm that comes their way. Love is never perfect, but when you realize that and are able to navigate these storms, you love tends to become stronger. It was a great celebratory night and it was wonderful to experience my first Japanese wedding. I headed home exhausted from the day as I lugged around my heavy bag with all my photo equipment in it, but I still had a joyous feel in my heart, watching two people unify together. To see them and their families so genuinely happy for this moment made it even more special. The beauty of the site was immaculant, but it pales in comparsion to the beauty of their love, storm or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment