Thursday, June 25, 2026

~:[CH15 - Day 176]:~ Somewhere

 
~:[CH15 - Day 176]:~ Somewhere

Instead of going to Nagoya yesterday, I headed there today to put a little less on my plate yesterday. It was raining so the trip itself was difficult. I wandered around the area, but was a little sad to see how dead it was in the area. Most of the shops opened later and there was a scattering of people even when they were. It could have been the rain. Regardless, I enjoyed my time at the SCMAGLEV and Railyway Park. It was a cool setup with so many generations of trains. It's fun to see how they changed over time and how they will in the future. We wandered around and ended up at Sea Life Park. If you have a choice in Nagoya, go to the aquarium, as it's much cooler. Regardless, we had a good time, but my body was done with me and I knocked out a few times on the train. I ended up getting home early and made dinner, relaxed and got some work done. As I thought more about the train museum, it was interesting to think how dependent this society is on trains. The trains are what take everyone somewhere. Overtime, these trains have become more efficient and I wonder how they will be in ten, twenty, or even a hundred years. For now, I'll continue to think of how lucky Japan is to have such a wonderful train system even when I am like a sardine in a can during rush hour (avoid at all costs). I think I'll appreciate even more (even these moments) when I return to LA. Until then, I'll enjoy the convenience of being able to move from place to place without too much effort. 


No comments:

Post a Comment