.jpg)
~:[CH15 - Day 173]:~ Appreciation Appreciated
I always appreciated it when someone appreciates your efforts. I trekked all the way to Yokohama for today's shoot and the timing was a bit of a challenge. I got to take care of a shoot earlier in the day and had some time to meet with a friend briefly before the evening shoot. While the communication barrier has always been an issue, tonight's model did her best to express her appreciation. It felt nice. It wasn't anything over complicated, but simply put, I could feel the sincerity in her message. It makes me want to work harder and inspires me to reach out to more people. Without realizing it, I was cutting it close on catching the last train back and so I hurriedly rushed back to the train. I could have taken a faster train, but instead, opted for the guaranteed transfer back. As I headed back, I enjoyed reading another message. I often want to opt for an open few days to get some work done or this and that, but ultimately, it's moments like these that make me grateful that I spent my time and energy making the shoot happen. Let's be sure to express our appreciation when someone does something for us. I think we underestimate the power of our words, even if it's a simple thanks or even when we don't have the right words to say it. Even if it's a simple task, let's be thankful and grateful and express that whenever possible. I got home and got straight to work, transferring photos, which has become my daily routine. My hard drive is overflowing with data, but every snap has been worth it, because everyone has shown me such great appreciation for the efforts.

No comments:
Post a Comment