(2).jpg)
~:[CH15 - Day 160]:~ In a Dream State
I attended the Women in Music = Equal Stage at Tokyo Dream Park. The only issue was that I woke up in Nara. I got some work done and try to get the timing just right to make it to the event. I had enough time to spare, grabbed a little snack and headed to the event. It was a beautiful theater and there were some nice performances, however, the transitions between the performances made it drag on a bit. Regardless, the theater was energized for these artists including the one and only Atarashii Gakko! This event was Billboard Japan's event in collaboration with Music Awards Japan. I always think about the struggle of artists to make it to a stage like this and it must be like a dream to be standing up there realizing that dream. Awich put on a great performance including her rap about her struggles to get to where she was. It was a heartfelt moment when her daughter came on stage and performed alongside her. She promised she'd get there and she did. I was exhausted, but this wasn't a dream, it was reality. I ventured home excited to get to bed, but I will keep looking back on this night as there were definitely some beautiful stages and powerful messages to think about down the line. For now, good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment