~:[CH2 - Day 146]:~ Whale of a Good Time
Today was a super long day, however, it was a lot of commuting time as I headed to San Juan Islands to hit the seas and see what we could find. We headed out early and had a 1.5 hour drive to catch a ferry that took another hour. We finally arrived at the San Juan Islands at Friday Harbor where we were able to eat some smoked salmon chowder and some amazing fish and chips. After walking around a bit, we hit up the Whale Museum before heading across the island to Snug Harbor to go whale watching. We had such a great group and met such nice people including our guide Spencer. We crossed into Canada for most of our trip and chased a humpback whale. We also saw a number of other wildlife around and the trip was well worth it! After heading back, I had an even more amazing crab cakes. I guess the Pacific Northwest has amazing seafood ... go figure :D ... the drive home was pretty smooth and we caught some farmland on the way back and a beautifully lit Seattle. I am sad to say goodbye to you Seattle so soon. I hope to show someone around here another time because it was such great fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment