~:[CH3 - Day 77]:~ Happiness
I could have won the lottery tonight and tried to find happiness, but it probably would have done no good in the long run. One of my favorite things about going to New Peking is getting the fortune cookie. I love the inspiring words that, while sometimes useless, can be inspiration or altering my thinking in life. As I read this fortune, the song Happy played in my head, over and over again. It played all day in fact and is still playing. After going through the day with a skip in my step after lunch, I realized why. I have so many good people around me who are so kind-hearted and generous and really push me to be like them. While many of them far-surpass me in that department, just the idea that I am around people who are always thinking of others makes me realize just how lucky I am. My students have been helping the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for the past few weeks, my friends are always lending a helping hand, and my family has always shown themselves to be selfless and put others before themselves. I am not sure why I am so lucky, but I know one thing ... they all have definitely showed me to the road to happiness and that lottery ticket would not have been the answer. I can find that road to happiness and simply put, I find it in all those wonderful people around me.


No comments:
Post a Comment