Saturday, March 7, 2015

~:[CH4 - Day 66]:~ Oh So Proud

~:[CH4 - Day 66]:~ Oh So Proud

I've long been worried about the direction that MUN is going, not at our school, but in general. With some conferences not understanding what the purpose of a conference is. One of the reasons I enjoy NHSMUN is because it creates more of the learning experience because of its deemphasis on awards. While the growth of the conference may not have been for the better with a larger number of delegates not creating more of  a distraction than anything else, I think that the students still got the experience that I hoped for. I was proud that the students used all their research to be as confident as they were in committee, learning about their topics and the country they represented along with debating appropriately, without some of the underhanded things that some schools resort to. This group not only represented our school well in conference, but was also one of the most well-behaved and cooperative groups that I have taken to NHSMUN, which also made it a great experience. I was proud of this group even before the closing ceremonies, but was glad that all their hard work was recognized by the conference as they were awarded the Award of Excellence and the Award of Merit in Research and Preparation. We headed home and despite the worry early on, we made it home on time. It was a very nice close to another great NHSMUN conference and ended with a quick stop off to the end of Nala's birthday party. While I missed most of it, at least I got to see her before she fell asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment