Sunday, March 29, 2015

~:[CH4 - Day 88]:~ The Richest Man

~:[CH4 - Day 88]:~ The Richest Man
I once wrote a poem called The Richest Man and that poem showed itself to be true today more than ever. I attended a funeral today and while I did not know this person directly, the messages delivered by those who I did know reinforced my philosophy on life. This man had a very good job, but he gave selflessly ... his time, his energy, his effort and more. He approached life not as if it was half full, but as if it was overflowing with opportunities and great moments. He approached his daily work with a smile no matter how difficult life was and he left me with with impressions that will never leave me, even though I never had the chance to meet him. One quote from the messages that I will take with me is that his approach to parenting was to love unconditionally no matter what his children did, as they will always be his children. He also told another lady that if her son happen to run away, then wait on the porch, no matter how cold it may be for him to return and to tell him how much she loves him when he returns. This view on life showed what kind of man he was as lines of people waited to say a message about this man who accepted children not of his own blood into his family, yet brought them together to make them feel as if they were. I was already in awe at the fact that the church overflowed with people and I later learned that some people could not even come inside the church, however, it is only in death do we truly find out how rich we truly were. He gave so much during his lifetime and ultimately, it made him one of the richest men around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment