Sunday, March 1, 2015

~:[CH4 - Day 60]:~ Snow Day

~:[CH4 - Day 60]:~ Snow Day
We woke up early in the morning after a late night and we were exhausted. As we headed to Battery Park, the waters were frozen. I've never seen it like that and I was worried that we weren't going to be able to get out. Despite leaving a half hour later than I thought we were going to, we headed out and had a great morning at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It was a bit cold though so most of the group decided to stay below deck but missed out on some picture opportunities. We headed to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, which was cool to visit. To see something for the first time cannot be matched and it was definitely an awe inspiring experience. I can't believe how large the space was and to think that we were in the area where the buildings collapse was amazing to think of. Definitely a place where I would suggest you spend 3-4 hours. We headed to Little Italy to grab lunch and it was oh so good! I had the black linguini seafood past and it was delicious! We walked around SoHo a bit and missed out on most of Chinatown this time around mainly due to the weather. After gathering everyone together, we stopped off to a snowy Washington Square Park and then headed back to the hotel for dinner and some time to relax, which was definitely needed. I enjoyed the downtime before a GREAT ice skating experience. First, it was not crowded at all due to the weather and we even met someone from the Real Housewives of New York who was ice skating at the time. After a long day, we stopped off for a quick snack before heading back, but all in all, despite the fatigue, today ended up being a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment