Sunday, February 7, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 38]: ~ City Lights

~:[CH5 - Day 38]: ~ City Lights
The timing of our flight wasn't the best. It was nice to fly in late, however, doing so had us lined up to miss the Super Bowl and get in late so we had to make a press to quickly get something to eat. Everyone arrived early at the airport so we go through security early and got to lounge around a bit and eat. This group spend some time together and were all prompt in meeting back up after doing so. It was an enjoyable plane ride with some time to sleep and then I was able to keep a tracker on the Super Bowl. I was sad it was a low scoring affair, but it did work out as I had thought it would have in the win column. I still have to go back and see the highlights including the commercials and halftime show! We got off the plane and I could already tell that this group was going to be fun as they just bond pretty well together, don't lag and just seem to be ready to enjoy the week. As we drove into the city, we got to enjoy the lights that we saw from overhead just a hour or so earlier as we drove by the Kennedy Center, Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial at night. What a beautiful site. Pizzeria Paradiso just happened to close early today, so while we thought we had made it on time, we were wrong. So we walked to CVS and grabbed pizza at DuPont Pizza. We ate together at the hotel and watched the Intern, ate some ice cream, and just started the night off right. I'm hoping that today was a sign of things to come as it definitely was a great way to kick it off, as we begin our exploration of the city lights that we saw below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment