Saturday, February 13, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 44]: ~ It's Elementary, My Dear ...

~:[CH5 - Day 44]: ~ It's Elementary, My Dear ...
It was frigid today. However, when I woke up, I felt really great. Yes, I still had a bit of the cold left over, but most of what was bothering me disappeared. It was nice. I had a relaxing morning, was able to get long sit ins at each committee, I cooked up a quick brunch pasta, and also caught up with three alumni - Danny, Michelle and Eugene (again)! The crab cake pasta from Afterwords Cafe was super delicious especially the noodles. After committee, we ventured back and relaxed for dinner and headed back for the delegate dance. I relaxed for most of the evening in the lobby. We then headed to a last minute add - the Great Escape Room. It was themed for Sherlock Holmes and was a library. It took us a while to get started, but we started to figure things out as we went along. I think we took a lot of things to literally and didn't interpret as much as we could have. With 12 people, we were able to divide up the work and slowly worked our way through puzzle after puzzle. We solved the orange, then then pink, then the yellow, then the blue, then the green and wrapped it up with the red. We finished all the clues with time to spare or so we thought. We didn't realize we didn't have the key to get out and so we scrambled to finish off the task and we did, just past the time expiring though. Sadly, we finished all the clues in time, just didn't leave the room in time. It was a great experience though for first timers and they seemed to really enjoy the experience. It was definitely a great way to end the night and while tired, it was well worth it. I was happy with how they worked together to complete these tasks and also how they worked through the day in committee. "

“If my friend would undertake it there is no man who is better worth having at your side when you are in a tight place. No one can say so more confidently than I.” 

- Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles

No comments:

Post a Comment