~:[CH5 - Day 39]: ~ Feeling Supreme
We all were a little tired in the morning as we ended up sleeping a little late last night. Regardless, for me, it felt like I ended up sleeping a lot. Our morning was brightened by one of the breakfast staff, as he was so lively and energetic. He learned our names and made sure we knew his "name" and his nickname. In the same energetic way, he went about making us all waffles - chocolate chip, blueberry and more, all with happy faces on top. We headed to the metro and found our way to the Supreme Court. To my surprise, there was no line for the lecture. Awesome! We got great seats and had our normal photo shoot outside. Sadly, the Capitol Building was under construction. A very small piece of the dome fell and they normally do repairs on the dome. When feeling how heavy a very small piece of it could be, I was amazed and thought, luckily it didn't hit anyone as it would have been game over. The staffers who took us around were awesome and they gave us a nice casual tour which was much better than the Capitol-led tours. We were able to sit in the House of Representatives chamber before we grabbed lunch in the Longworth Building. We ventured to our Library of Congress tour and I was in awe once again because that building is so beautiful. We ended up all getting readers cards so we can go do some reading in the building the next time we are around; maybe I can even find my book here! We also began our "sweets" tour, which was something that they added. We started with cupcake wars winner, the Sweet Lobby. Although my cupcake fell over on the way home, it still was delicious. Dinner was filled with food from Chinatown. I ended up stopping at Red Velvet as well since we were in the area and the kids grabbed doughnuts from Krispy Kreme. Not everything worked out as planned as the market was closed today, the provided dinner was so so, and everyone was tired, but I was so happy to see how this group dealt with it all and just enjoyed the fact that they were together and experiencing this new city. We were all exhausted though, so after picking up stuff at CVS and the market, we put our heads down really early, so much so that I have already slept more than my normal amount before writing this blog. Of course, I have to wake up in less than two hours before we have to catch our bus for our day trip! In any case, I am definitely feeling supreme and so much of it has to do with this amazing group of seniors!


No comments:
Post a Comment