Saturday, February 11, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 42]:~ Self Discovery

~:[CH6 - Day 42]:~ Self Discovery
Life is about the process of self discovery. It's what you learn as you move through life and how you grow through the process. It's walking through the wrong door, only to find yourself lost in a labyrinth, struggling to find a way. However, when you are steadfast in your ways, you find a way out. Our team faced the same struggles as they figured out how to maneuver through a new system. They stuck to their guns and kept with detailed statements, despite the broadness and general speeches that others would make. As I watched them dance at the delegates social after everyone had gone, I smiled. Why? Because they didn't care that everyone had left, so long as they enjoyed themselves. It was then that I realized that they figured it out. To have fun is not who you are with or even how an event is thrown. It could have easily been a moment when they left disappointed, yet they made the most of an opportunity that seemed bleak. To see them dancing so carefree with each other, I knew that they discovered something - let your happiness not be controlled by others. Similarly, in committees, they did not allow their success to be controlled by others, as they did what was necessary today to show themselves as great delegates and for that, I am so proud. As the day provided so many opportunities for self discovery, I gained even great insight as I met with Ryan for lunch, as we caught up and discussed this whole MUN world and later on, met with the man who is one of the cornerstones of the cross country program,  laying a foundation that future generations could enjoy. As the night closed out and the final scene wrapped up, I could help but see myself again in the labyrinth wondering if I'd ever get out. However, as I thought about that, I realized that the only thing that holds us back from finding our way out is often times ourselves. If we trust in who we are and our abilities, there is no puzzle too great for us to solve and at the end, we'll find our way through all the obstacles that life throws at us. For now, dance like no one is watching and you'll be surprised just how much you'll learn about yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment