~:[CH6 - Day 46]:~ Just Striding Along
The day rolled on by. Volunteer speeches, nationalism posters, and of course, grill sessions. The day was full and by the time I got home, it ended up being another 12 hour work day, plus scouting. However, today was a beautiful day. As I looked up at the sky, I smiled and while my runners didn't quite enjoy the weather since it was tempo day, they still battled the elements and pulled out a pretty solid workout. We found a few new athletes and ultimately, took another step forward in preparing for the season ahead. As while the day ended though, my work did not. After weight room, I drove nearly two hours out to Santa Clarita to scout our next opponent, arriving to the game late. It might have been a bad idea to eat hot pot before heading home, as my stomach was raging as I tried to keep my focus on the way home. As I came back home, I sat and browsed through my photos and though, I am excited for this track and field season to begin. We are slowing getting a stronger team and I am hoping we are able to fill a few more gaps so we have a team with the potential to be one of the best we've had in some time. As the team did strides after the main workout, I looked on knowing that they had a lot of great things awaiting them ahead. My job is to keep them pushing forward so they can find these great things waiting for them.


No comments:
Post a Comment