~:[CH6 - Day 50]:~ For the Record
Because of the storm, I was able to reschedule my flight to Sunday morning so that I could go to the game last night and also still head up north. I woke up at a dreadful 2:45am and headed to the airport. The flight was empty as expected, but there were only about ten people on board! Oh my! I headed up and caught the second showing of Allegiance in theaters. The crowded up in Daly City was a little more mixed than at the Block, but it was just as impactful. Almost everyone stayed until the end of the special segment and I could tell that the story impacted so many. With this being my fourth time seeing it (twice on Broadway, twice in theaters), I wondered what change in impact it would have on me and the reality is, it changed very little. It continues to hit home and send a message that all of us need to hear in such challenging times. I am so appreciative that this story came out and can always smile to the comedic lines of the amazing and talented Janelle! Afterward, I headed to Boba Guys, took some time to chill and headed to North Beach. In waiting for the House, we wandered through the area and stopped at a speciality clothing story with some vintage looking clothes and then I ran across this incredible Record shop. The story was filled with instruments and music players and also about 50,000 records in the basement. It was a challenge to sort through, but was an incredible site to see. As I finished up the night just wandering and chatting, I realize that despite the randomness of making this trek all the way up, it was worth every minute and ounce of energy to get here. As I closed the night with the songs of Allegiance ringing through my mind, I could tell how incredible today was, as the music traveled down to my heart.


No comments:
Post a Comment