Monday, February 13, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 44]:~ On the Journey Ahead

~:[CH6 - Day 44]:~ On the Journey Ahead
Life is often described as a journey and as walked down the final hallway before parting ways, I saw in slow motion the memories of this group on this trip. As I looked outside at 4am, I could only think,  we wouldn't be going home. With an airport shuttle that didn't show up and a few other speed bumps on the way, the thought was similar, but in the end, we took this final walk together. Similar to life, this moment is to be treasured, as never again in your lifetime will you have this same exact moment. This hallway walk may have been but a few minutes, but it allowed me to reflect on an amazing week where we survived a blizzard, caught the Superbowl Parade, nearly missed our bus, lived through a 14.8" snow day and more. While I was proud of all the recognition this team got, I was more proud of the way they bonded, accepted each other and made this trip as great as it was. There are always things that could have gone better, but nothing that I wish I could fix, as while we will face challenges, those challenges are how you find growth and how you create memories. As I took one last glance at the group walking down the hallway, I smiled one last time, as while I knew we would not be together as this one group every again, I appreciated the fact that we were allowed to be together at all. This intersection, like many others, will be one that I place in a special box of memories that will remain with me for a lifetime. As while our journey ahead may be long and arduous, these are the moments that will get me through until I finally reach the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment