~:[CH6 - Day 309]:~ Foundation
Life will often try to break you down. I am not sure if it's on purpose or if that's just how it is, but time after time, you feel as if you're going to get torn down. Many times in my life, I've struggled and when all else fails, the Word has been the foundation on which I stood. While the world around me was shaking, it was my faith that kept me grounded and standing. However, one thing I realized is that whenever times are tough, people turn towards the Lord for help much like they turn towards the resources around them for help. Much like you don't want to only talk to a friend when you need something, I think religion is the same way. It can't be something you only turn to when times are tough, but also something you appreciation and celebrate when times are good. It should be something that is celebrated for the smaller things such as breathing and the fact that around us, we have good people who we can depend on. As I sat down with a friend tonight, I kept thinking about this, not because I wasn't paying attention, but because I was appreciating the moment I had with this friend. As I listened to her talk about her work with the Church, I kept smiling knowing all that she was doing to celebrate God and to ensure that she was helping to build the fortress rather than just depending on Him to provide the foundation. Just like friendship and love, faith is a give and take. You cannot only take, you must also do your part and give and if you do not, you truly have not completed your end of the bargain. Tonight I was thankful and as I thought further back to the days, weeks, months and even years before, I smiled because I was grateful to the Lord for all that was provided to me. While I know that the Lord will be there to keep me standing, I will not be content in knowing that I have a strong foundation as I can ensure a more stable path moving forward if I also contribute to the strength of the foundation, as I cannot just ask when I have not truly given all of myself.


No comments:
Post a Comment