Wednesday, November 15, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 319]:~ The Past, The Present, The Future

~:[CH6 - Day 319]:~ The Past, The Present, The Future
It was a day of nostalgia for many of my athletes who went to Tetzlaff as they worked the middle school meet there. They got reacquainted with their middle school coach and got to see their siblings and old friends. Half of our group consisted of freshmen and the other half others, including five seniors. It was a nice mix of the present and the future of the team mixed in with those ten athletes who were once part of this Tetzlaff team. After scrip, I ended up catching up with an alumni over Korean BBQ and it was nice just relaxing a bit. I had a lot of my mind and needed to get away a bit so I could think clearly. By the time I got home, I was focused and got a lot of work done. Of course, sometimes when I work, it's simply a distraction from something I need to think about or plan. As what was ahead loomed in my mind, I was grateful to have a group of past athletes who established the foundation for this team, a present who get along so well together, and a young group who make our future look bright. The one interesting thing about the three is that as people move through their lives, they travel with all three trying to make sure they maintain a balance so that they don't live in the past, look too far into the future, or rush too quickly through the present. All three are apart of who you are, who you were and who you will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment