~:[CH6 - Day 332]:~ Seasons Change
The day started how it ended in awe. I guess that's how the season's are, very cyclical. As I walked into the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, I was in awe of the fall foliage that we do not get in Los Angeles. The richness of the reds, oranges, and yellows in contrast to the green was incredible and it was a reminder of how life is. The contrasts between seasons can be intense for some and mild for others, but regardless, we all go through these changes. From the days of green, where the flowers blossom, to the days of sunshine in the summer, the aging in the fall, and the final stages in the winter. The changes in life are quite evident, but the one things that remains is the core. In life, we face so many difficulties, we go through so many struggles, but we also have moments to celebrate and store deep in the roots of our life. Like the trees, we all move at our own pace, with some of the trees still green, others becoming the colors of fall and some shedding their leaves all together. As in life, we do these things at our own pace, yet in doing so, we create a beautiful display that is life, as people contrast each other, not to compare each one of us to another, but to show our differences. After a day that I ventured to one of the best meals I had in Tokyo, gyukatsu, to the heights of Sky Tree, to the hipster area of Shiokitazawa, and finishing catching up with a friend in Shinjuku, I was reminded by a message I received that in life, what we see is not always what there is. Some will show green all the time while others will change with the seasons, but the question is, is the core of the tree strong enough to withstand the challenges that life poses ahead. Are the roots of the tree solid in the ground anchoring us to withstand the tests of time with each of us anchoring ourselves in our own way - faith, friends, ohana. As I reflected on my own life, I thought about all the things I wish to shed this fall and what I want my core to be and how my choices and efforts can impact those around me. While I don't want to be swayed by those around me, one of the core values I hold dear is to provide for those around me. My evening to reflect left me in state of happiness in the joys I have had this year, the sadness of the painful memories of the past, the fear of the uncertainty of the future, and the excitement of the celebrations we have together, but just like the seasons, these things will come and go, but if we go through each of these seasons helping each other anchor ourselves into the ground, keep our core strong, what people see will not show who we are, rather will just be a part of what makes us into the people that we are. The beauty of the fall foliage will soon disappear as the winter will cause many of these trees to shed their beautiful leaves. A dusting of snow will cover the park, as many of the trees will stand bare, but much like visual beauty will come and go, the true beauty of each of these trees as they stand strong to live another season.


No comments:
Post a Comment