~:[CH6 - Day 331]:~ A Little Farfetch'd
I found myself wandering through the back roads on my way back to the hotel as it was getting dark. It was still early, but with the winter coming, the days grew much shorter. I had just ventured out to Meiji Jingu to Takeshita Street and a quick stop at the owl cafe. The owl cafe was unplanned, but somehow it ended up being a place I had stopped and there was no regret in doing so. I almost got pooped on, but luckily, my little friend was kind enough to avoid me (probably not on purpose). I got to rest in the morning, as the Pokemon flocked towards me in the comforts of my own bed. That's right, Pokemon Go yielded more Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd than I could ever have dreamed of. Regardless, all this was the appetizer to my day, as friend always top to the list for the day. It was great to meet up with my friend from Los Angeles. The toughest part about traveling abroad alone is having someone to talk to who speaks the same language, not just in fragments, but completely. It was a little strange of how much of a local I felt, yet how I felt like a foreigner the most at the same time. Eating among the business-likes of the area, I got the local feel, but with everything only being in Japanese, I also got the out of place feel as well. For a minute, I felt like, I wasn't here on vacation, but starting off on a new journey and I was trying to adjust to the local culture. The idea of moving here is more of a "farfetch'd" idea, but it's an idea that was fun to entertain for now. As I walked home doing the same thing that I did when I started the morning, I easily navigated my way through the ridiculously crazy Shinjuku station and continued through my day feeling like a local. I guess there comes a moment for us all where we try to adjust to our surroundings. While it's not about conforming, there comes that moment that you were searching for the entire time, to not feel out of place, while still being yourself. With enough effort, I found that moment and I know that all those struggling with finding their own path in the midst of all the craziness of this world (much like Shinjuku station), stay the course, as you'll find that moment. It's not as Farfetch'd as it seems.


No comments:
Post a Comment