Thursday, December 14, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 348]:~ Sketching a Page

~:[CH6 - Day 348]:~ Sketching a Page
My body told me to stay home, so I canceled my trip to DTLA for the Art Walk, so I could lounge around and rest. It allowed me to take it easy, as I edited parts of my first vlog that I'll be working on over the winter. As I did, I began working on cartooning photos and videos and had a blast doing it. As I thought about it though, isn't life like a comic book? Each day is a sketch in a series, with some being shorter than others. Some will sit on a shelf, never be read, while others will become popularized, as people will flock to get their hands on the newest edition. As while we script each page of our own story, we must think about what we want that story to be about. Today in Econ, we walked about the essential questions and I think life also has those same questions. Do we want the spotlight or are we fine hiding in the shadows, where do we want to go, what do we want to be and who will we surround ourselves with. There are things that are beyond our control and things we can never for see, but we have input on every single page in the sketch of our lives. Today's decision to stay home could very well have changed the course of my life or could be insignificant in changing the course of our future. Regardless, as we move forward, think about your life and answer those essential questions and figure out where exactly you want to fit in. If my comic were to sit on a shelf and never be read, I would care less as long as the contents of that comic were driven by me. As while popularity and fame can be wonderful, I'm just fine here in the shadows, happy and content, with my family, my friends, and my faith. As I look at this page, there is something so beautiful about it and while I may never be able to put it into words, it matters not, similarly to the many pages before it. As with the adventures and people that fill the pages, I am creating a compilation of sketches that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Tomorrow, I will add another page and the day after, another one, and I only hope that I can fill these pages with great moments with great people, not to show off to the world, but to share with those special people who I've been lucky enough to share my life with in this series that is of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment